Monday, May 9, 2011

Miss E's Hair Accessory Organizer


Miss E's new hairclip organizer
 Miss E has decided to grow out her bangs.  There's been a bit of contention over the bangs since her very first haircut when I told the lady, "please don't give her bangs" and she cut bangs.  Thanks, lady.  So...part of me is happy to go along with it because I never wanted the whole bang situation in the first place.  The other part of me, the part that has to have the "hairdo" argument every morning is not loving it.  Finally, after weeks of arguing about hairclips and ponytails Miss E finally saw the light - not having hair hanging in her eyes is awesome.  The result of that realization is an explosion of hairclips and ponies ALL OVER my house.  Hence the need for the organizer.


I bought is great big cardboard E at Display and Costume.  I painted the edged metallic pink and Mod Podged this pink gingham scrapbook paper which Miss E picked out at Jo Ann's for a mere $0.25 (score!).


I put 2 coats of Mod Podge on top to make it a little harder but I probably should have done 3 or 4. 
When the Mod Podge was dry I hot glued one end of each ribbon to the back of the E on each of the horizontal lined and at the bottom of the vertical line.  At the unglued ends I hot glues snaps to the back of the E and the ends of the ribbons to allow the ribbons to used for ponies as well as hairclips


I glued three ribbons hanging from the bottom of the E for a  little extra storage.  The bows at the bottom are made from scraps that I glued on for decoration as well as to keep stuff from sliding off.  I hot glued a ribbon at the top as a hanger and voila! 


We filled it up pretty quickly.  I wonder if I'm going to have to do her middle and last initials, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment