I promised my daughter, Miss E (3) that I would create a Disney Princess bedside table. I have a plan and supplies but it's been a looong time since I did any decoupaging and never on furniture. I devised this practice project to give myself some confidence.
I started with an oval wood plaque from Michael's and painted it white. I bought a whole, expensive stack of scrapbooking paper to get this great picture of Miss E's three favorite princesses. I tried wrapping paper, too but I only had Christmas Princess wrapping paper so it didn't achieve the look I wanted. I used regular Mod Podge to attach the picture.
I tried a few different ways to do the lettering but not being very handy with a paint brush I was was thrilled to happen upon Sharpie paint pens. The lettering doesn't look great, in my opinion but Miss E doesn't mind. The flowers and butterflies are stickers and their sparkly! I put 2 or 3 coats of varnish on it and attached a pink polka dotted ribbon to the back with my handy staple gun.
I was made aware of the fact that dragons and monsters hate princesses when I hung this in Miss E's room. We have had a serious problem with both dragons and monsters but the previous sign wasn't doing it's job. They have (mostly) left us alone since the new sign went up above the old one. I can't say the same for the wolves that bother her when she's trying to sleep but even a mom can't win all the time.



No comments:
Post a Comment